viernes, 24 de noviembre de 2017

"Solomon King"




And now, YHVH (YEHOVAH) my ALMIGHTY, You has made your servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. And your servant is in the middle of your people which You has chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitudeGive therefore your servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? 

And the speech pleased the KING YHVH (YEHOVAH), that Solomon had asked this thingAnd Almighty YHVH (YEHOVAH) said unto him (Solomon)
"Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked for yourself long life; neither have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies; but have asked for yourself understanding to discern judgmentbehold, I have done according to your words: lo, I have given you a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like you before you, neither after you shall any arise like unto you. And I have also given you that which you have not asked, both riches, and honor: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto you all your daysAnd if you will walk in My Ways, to keep My Statutes and My Commandments, as your father David did walk, then I will lengthen your days.


But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; of the nations concerning which the KING YHVH (YEHOVAH) said unto the children of Israel, You shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto youfor surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon joined unto these in loveAnd he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart. For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the YHVH (YEHOVAH) his ALMIGHTY, as was the heart of David his fatherFor Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. And Solomon did evil in the sight of the YHVH (YEHOVAH), and went not fully after the YHVH (YEHOVAH), as did David his father Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
And the KING YHVH (YEHOVAH) was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twiceand had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he (Solomon) kept not that which the KING YHVH (YEHOVAH) commanded

Wherefore the KING YHVH (YEHOVAH) said to Solomon


"For as much as this is done of you, 
and you has not kept my covenant 
and my statutes, 
which I have commanded you, 

I will surely rend the kingdom from you, 
and will give it to your servant. 
Notwithstanding in your days 
I will not do it 
for David your father’s sake
but I will rend it out 
of the hand of your son. 

Howbeit 
I will not rend away all the kingdom; 
but will give one tribe to your son 

for David my servant’s sake
and for Jerusalem’s sake 
which I have chosen".

And the KING YHVH (YEHOVAH) stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite: he was of the king’s seed in Edom. 
 And YHVH (YEHOVAH) Almighty stirred him up another adversary, Rezon the son of Eliadah, which fled from his lord Hadadezer king of Zobah.
 And the time that Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel was forty years. And Solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario